The Office for Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) is committed to inclusive excellence. A commitment to inclusive excellence is the recognition that a community or institution’s success is dependent on how well it values, engages and includes the rich diversity of students, staff, faculty, administrators, and alumni. More than a short-term project or single office initiative, this comprehensive approach requires a fundamental transformation of the institution by valuing embedding and practicing inclusion in every effort, aspect, and level within the university. The goal is to make inclusion a part of the fabric of who we are; consistently implemented and practiced across all units and constituencies.
ODI has an annual limited budget to support campus diversity initiatives and programming that create an inclusive and welcoming campus. I.D.E.A.S can be submitted and they may include but are not limited to:
- Guest speakers
- Cultural celebrations
- Students’ ceremonies
- Film screenings
Collaborative projects are highly encouraged.
Applicants are encouraged to prioritize program requests to include the most relevant or important program as limited funding is available. Recipients generally receive an annual one time sponsorship of up to $1,000.
I.D.E.A.S will be accepted from all UConn students, faculty, staff, administrators, departments, academic programs, and student organizations.
The successful application will have the following features:
- Event information with title, date, time, location, and event description;
- A summary describing how the event will enhance diversity, inclusion, and improve the climate of our campus;
- An itemized budget (funding will not include alcoholic beverages);
- Amount requested;
- A list of other funding sources solicited and secured; and
- Your UConn KFS number
If your application is accepted for funding, the following requirements must be observed:
- Funding must be used for the event requested in the online funding request form budget;
- The Office for Diversity and Inclusion will be listed as a sponsor on all marketing materials for the event in which funding is approved; and
- Recipients of ODI funding will submit a report within 30 days of the program completion with attendance information, evaluation, and summary of the event.