The University of Connecticut Interpreting & Communication Access (UCIS) division invites deaf and hard-of-hearing high school students to visit the UConn Storrs campus for a half-day program designed to help them explore their future goals and options.
Visit UConn Storrs and
- Take a tour of the Student Center, dorm rooms, book store, library, gym classrooms and more!
- Meet students who will tell their stories about their experiences and answer any questions.
- Eat lunch in the Student Center food court or a cafeteria with UConn students.
- Meet world renowned professors who research ASL and international sign languages.
- Meet our program coordinator, who will explain your rights in college and showcase the technology options available at the college you choose to attend.
This FREE in-person event will be held on Thursday, October 20th. If interested, have your school counselor and/or staff contact Colleen from UCIS at: firstname.lastname@example.org